Rainier Cemetery

Rainier Cemetery
The cemetery is located a bit south of the Community Hall in the town of Rainier which is about 20 miles south of Brooks on highway #36.  The earliest grave seems to be that of Claretta Graham in 1929, the year before the cemetery was officially opened.  Five acres of land for the cemetery was purchased from the CPR for $40.00 in May of 1930.  The Rainier history book “Settlers Along the Bow” contains further information on the people of the area.  Fifty-nine burials have been recorded for this cemetery.
Search names
« 1 of 7 »